Quality and sustainability – It’s all in the detail
We think ahead in terms of eco, tech and quality. With the finest materials, we stay ahead of the game.
Customers are becoming increasingly aware of sustainable practices and their place within the Hotel sector. In the guardian study they found 80% of those surveyed felt that CO2 emissions, pollution and over-use of resources were their key environmental concerns. While 79% indicate they would give preference to companies offering products and services with low environmental impacts.
A report by Booking.com launched for Earth Day indicates and increase in hotel guests willing to accept more sustainable behaviours as part of their travel.
The results show:
- 68% confirm they are more likely to consider choosing an accommodation knowing that it was eco-friendly.
- 36% would choose and eco-friendly accommodation because it provides a more locally-relevant experience.
Here at The Fine Bedding Company we are focused on not only improving our manufacturing processes but also making them more environmentally friendly. Our environmental policy and targets focus on product quality, energy and resource efficiency. We aim to reduce the carbon footprint of our products and through sustainable manufacturing and better quality and performance.
Below you will see some of our business figures for 2017. Since these were collated we have also applied for a GRS (Global Recycle Standard) approval, along with the following:
- 16% lower carbon footprint on key products (compared to industry standard duvets).
- 44% lower carbon footprint for our up coming Eco Duvet.
- Green Apple – Gold award winner for Environmental Manufacturing.